Home Improvement: Bedroom Wish List



01. Set of 5 Hanging Frames (Next)
02. Printed Canvas (Dunelm)
03. Set of 2 Candles (H&M)
04. Lilac Knit Throw (Next)
05. Alex 9 Drawer Storage Unit


2 years ago our house underwent a huge renovation meaning that I changed bedrooms. However at this point I was still in university and therefore only at home at the weekends. What resulted was that I didn't spend too much time and effort making my room homely and perfect. However now that I have graduated university and moved back home full time I think it is time I finally made my room somewhere I want to spend my time. Unfortunately I share a room with my sister and our tastes differ slightly, however I decided to put together a small wish list of some items that I think will help make my room a little bit more 'me'.

As you can probably tell from the items I have chose, I am going for a shabby chic theme. I want white/cream furniture and I am trying to find most of it at auctions or charity stores so that they have a vintage feel. This set of frames from Next are so cute and would look perfect with pictures of my family and friends. However at £50 their a little pricy so I am on the look out for something similar but cheaper!

Since my room is going to be very neutral I know I need some colour to prevent it being too one-note. I'm in love with this birdcage canvas from Dunelm and it contains my favourite colour; pink. At first I was going to try and avoid anything pink in this room as it has dominated my rooms for the previous 5 or 6 years however this canvas is just too pretty to pass on!

I love candles. There is nothing I love more than lying up with a DVD, cup of tea and one or ten candles burning. I find them relaxing so when I saw these adorable candles from H&M I knew I had to have them. And best of all... their only £1.99! And when the candles are finished, I will be cleaning them out to reuse them! I really like the colour of this knitted throw from Next, and at £35 it is a reasonable price. However before I buy any throws I need to buy new bedding, but if this throw will work then I will definitely be buying it!

Finally, I'm sure you all recognise these Alex drawers from Ikea as they have been featured in so many room tours on youtube and on so many blog posts. My current makeup unit is this 8 Drawer Storage Unit from Viking and unfortunately it must not have been designed to hold so much weight as it is starting to crack and break. I do wish I could be more original with my choice and I am going to try and find something else, however it is looking very likely that my makeup will soon be stored in these Alex drawers!

So these are just a few of the items I hope I will soon have in my room! Is anybody else currently redoing their rooms?

xx Lauren

10 comments :

  1. I love the Printed Canvas and the Alex drawer! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i want all of these you have perfect taste number 2 especially

    New followers

    Carrieanne x

    BeautiesUnlocked

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those candles!
    I think we have quite similar taste :)
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute blog hun! following you on bloglovin and blogger, keep in touch :) xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the canvas! It's so pretty, I might have to look into buying one of those.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. omfg everyone i know has those draws for their make up! I need one too! everything here's so beautiful aw good luck!:)

    love your blog, follow back? lipstickslashesgreentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Frankie. I'll take a look at your blog now :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete