Review: YSL Pure Chromatics #3


I bought this 'YSL Pure Chromatics 4 Wet Dry Eyeshadows' palette in #3 ages ago, but I never really used it. Instead it just sat in my makeup unit, while I reached for my Naked Palette and MAC eyeshadows. However recently I decided to challenge myself to reach for my more unused makeup items, and as it turns out, I have a lot of them.

The idea behind this YSL palette is that the eyeshadows can be used wet or dry. Each palette contains four eyeshadows, and two brushes (which I found useless and lost ages ago). Like all YSL products, the packaging is shiny and gold, and picks up every scratch and smudge possible (needless to say... I don't like it).



The #3 palette contains 4 shimmery colours:
Top left: Dark shimmery blue
Top right: Light shimmery silvery blue
Bottom left: Shimmery taupe brown
Bottom right: Dark simmery brown

(L-R) Dark blue dry, wet. Light blue dry, wet.

(L-R) Light brown dry, wet. Dark brown dry, wet.

As you can see from the swatches above, the colour are definitely more intense when used wet. When they are dry they come out quite sheer. The light blue and brown in particular are just washes of colour. The darker colours are slightly more vivid, however I find them to be quite chalky.

The biggest issue for me when using these dry, is the amount of fall out. As you can see from the swatches, these are extremely shimmery, so it can be easier to do your face makeup after your eyes.

I have tried using these wet, however I found them quite difficult to use. However I feel this is probably more to do with my lack of experience in working with wet eyeshadows rather than the eyeshadows themselves, as I have read some great reviews about them when used wet! As for how long they last, I am impressed. When worn with a primer (I've been using Urban Decay Primer Potion these last around 9 hours. Also this palette is brilliant at bringing the green out in my eyes, which is something I'm always looks for in eyeshadows.

Overall I'm not all that impressed with this palette. For the price (£42) I feel they are a little bit too sheer for my liking. That's not to say I won't be using this palette, I have found it is decent for creating a day time look. I just won't be repurchasing. Below is two pictures of a look I did with these eyeshadows:



You can buy the YSL Pure Chromatics Palette here (£42)

Have you tried the YSL Pure Chromatics Palette? What are your thoughts?

xx Lauren

1 comment :

  1. Such a shame about the packaging! It seems like it would be way less bulky if they just forgot about the little brushes! The colors do look pretty when applied wet though!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete