My Current Loves... #002

Back at the start of November I posted my first Current Loves post (if you want you can check it out HERE) so it shows what a bad blogger I was that I am only putting my second post up now at the end of January. But better late than never right?

As I mentioned in my first post, I enjoy reading monthly favourites on other blogs and think it is fun to share what I am loving with you all! I'm not calling these posts Monthly Favourites, because as you may have noticed, I'm not always the best at posting when I mean to (though I have become a trillion times better this month) so by simple calling this series 'My Current Loves' it allows me to post without worrying about skipping a month. And besides... I don't change my favourites every single month, and I'm sure we can all agree that it is boring to see the same favourites mentioned time after time?

My first favourite (and only non-beauty favourite) is my new agenda. I always like to have some form of calendar that I can carry around with me to write down appointments, and other important dates. Last year I just used the calendar on my iPod, and it just wasn't organised enough for me, so this year I have made a return to a classic diary. This one from Taschen is gorgeous, and features a different picture of Paris for each week. I'm actually finding myself going out of my way to get dates to put into my diary simply to see the beautiful pictures!

My next two favourites are cheek products. The first, a blush from MAC in 'Springsheen' is a gorgeous coral/peach shade with golden shimmer. I have read a lot of reviews comparing it to Nars 'Organsm' but if I'm honest I wouldn't consider it a dupe. While they both have a gold shimmer, 'Orgasm' is a more pink shade, and not as dark as 'Springsheen'.

The next cheek product is a cream highlighter from Urban Decay in 'Moonshine'. I'm not even sure if you can get this anymore, but I started using this again just before Christmas and have fell in love with it. I can wear this during both the day and then night, and it doesn't make me look too shiny. Plus, I actually get compliments on it, and I have NEVER got complimented on my highlighter before!

You guys will find this crazy but... this Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner is the first liquid liner I've owned. Yep, you read that correctly. Up until now I have only ever owned pencil and gel liner. I have used liquid before when I have borrowed from friends (yes I know you shouldn't share eyeliner...) but never bought one. I actually didn't even buy this, it came free in a magazine, but I can officially say I am now converted. Liquid liner all the way!

Next is a skin product. My skin is all kinds of messed up these days, and one of my many issues is that while my t-zone is oilier than even, the rest of skin is feeling quite dehydrated. So this moisturising mask from Rituals has been a life saver... I apply it to everywhere apart from my forehead, and then leave it for 15/20 minutes before using a cotton pad to remove what is left on my skin.

Last but not least, I had to include a nail polish as I have started painting my nails more often again. This nail polish is a Kate Spade for Nails Inc, and was another magazine freebie (does anybody else buy magazines just for the free gifts?). The shade is 'Soho Silver' and it is just the perfect silver. Until I got this nail polish, I owned basically every colour apart from Silver, so ofcourse I had to have it. And it is such great quality... the last time I wore it, it lasted 6 days without chipping, and that was with no top coat and me working 4 of those days! I have never had a nail polish last more than 2 days of me working before I have to fix it up.

So that is all of my Current Favourites! Hopefully I will remember to post my next one at the end of February. In fact, I will write it down in my diary so I will have to remember!

What have you been loving this month?


8 comments :

  1. I think highlighters are my weakness and that one looks SO pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty Carly! :) Thanks for reading!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  2. Can't beat a bit of MAC and the organiser / notebook is cute, need me some new stationary!

    I found your blog via BlogLovin and would love if you could stop by & catch up on my latest GHD Party Hair Tutorial & Pink Jewel Styler post for some inspiration too :) xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777/LurchHoundLoves-Fashion-Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a major obsession with stationary atm... I think it's becoming a bit of a problem! Thanks for reading :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  3. I love the Eyeko liners, although my black one has dried out now! :(

    How have you done the first picture with that semi see through circular text overlay? :)

    Jenn www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is starting to dry out now aswell! Need to buy a new one

      I just did it on Photoshop... I added a new layer and then I made a circle, filled it in, and then set the layer opacity to a lower setting. I think I chose 30% but you can just play with it is as opaque as you want it :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete
    2. Thank you lovely! I am hopeless with photoshop haha. It's so annoying, mine seemed to dry out really quickly! I picked up the Collection (2000) felt liner for £2 or something and really like it :)

      Jenn xx

      Delete
  4. The kate spade nail polish!! I want one!

    Thanks for sending your link at the social bloggers chat!

    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete