Review: John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Ahead Shampoo and Conditioner


I've been on the search for the perfect shampoo and conditioner for quite a while now. I have long hair that goes just past my chest. It isn't very thick but I do have a lot of it. In its natural state it is very curly and my hair hair concern is frizz so whenever I buy hair products I look for products that claim to help with this. I have always heard good things about John Frieda products so when I last needed a shampoo and conditioner I thought I would buy from their frizz-ease line. I chose these straight-ahead version as I mostly like to wear my hair straight rather than curly.

Shampoo
When I use the shampoo the first thing I notice is how clean it leaves my hair feeling. It is also gentle enough to use for my double-wash, which is a major bonus as I hate having to use a different shampoo for the first wash than for the second. I also like the scent of the shampoo- it is very clean with a slight floral scent which isn't too overpowering.

Conditioner
I love using this conditioner as it always makes my hair feel super soft! It also makes my hair manageable and it is much easier to brush through when wet if I have used this. I do find it weighs my hair down if I use too much, but then I find this is an issue with a lot of conditioners.

After Style My Hair
After washing my hair I like to blow dry it straight as I have been trying to not use straighteners (in fact I haven't used straighteners since September). I have found that this shampoo and conditioner really helps to make my hair dry a lot straighter, and it stays straight until the next wash. Unfortunately I can't say that they have helped much with frizz, as I still have to use anti-frizz finishing products, and as this is supposed to be the main benefit of this line it is a disappointment.

Will I Buy Again?
Probably not as, despite it leaving my hair soft and straight without weighing it down, it doesn't help with the frizz which was the main reason I bought it.

You can buy the shampoo for £5.59 Here and the conditioner for £5.59 Here.



10 comments :

  1. I have tried this as well, and it didn't help with my frizz either. Which is weird because I love their after shower products, so it's really strange.

    xoxoxo,

    Shree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I love their after shower products aswell. It's such a shame because I had such high hopes for these.

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  2. Does it keep your hair straight? My boyfriend has curly hair and he wants it to dry straight! I personally love Tresemme. New follower hun, thanks for the comment!
    Chloe @ The Little Plum UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well its definitely helped my hair stay straighter, and I have very curly hair naturally.! I've never tried Tresemme, might try it next.
      Thanks Chloe :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  3. I've used this product myself and I too had the same results! If anything, after a week or so of using it, it made my hair frizzier!

    I have a new post up about my Westfield Haul. Any comments on it would be appreciated!
    Following on bloglovin', if you have time please do follow back :)

    x

    http://fashionistadigital.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it hasn't made my hair any frizzier!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing, may have to give these a go, hate how as soon as the wind hits my hair it goes all bushy!

    I found your blog via Bloglovin and it would be great if you could take a look at my latest posts and say hi :) xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/uk-fashion-blog-lurchhoundloves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate an honest, genuine review - and this post is just that! Thanks for sharing :)
    I've followed you on bloglovin so I never miss a post, would be great if you could do the same?
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate my review :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete