Review: Topshop Lip Bullet 'Joyride'

I have been meaning to try Topshop's lip products for quite a while now but I never got around to buying any. So when I found this mini Lip Bullet for only £2 in the sale I knew I couldn't pass it up!


'Joyride' is a beautiful cherry red. You might not have noticed yet, but recently I have been having a MAJOR obsession with red lips. I love how they can dress up any outfit, and look great with a neutral eye which is what I normally go for. Because of this obsession, I didn't even swatch this before buying it, which normally would be pretty risky, but luckily I can say that I love it!

The product itself isn't very moisturising and clings to any dry skin on your lips, so I would recommend using a lip scrub and applying a lip balm before using this. Luckily the crayon leaves a stain on your lips, so you are not having to worry too much about reapplying it throughout the day.

As for the packaging, it is pretty much the usual style of packaging for lip crayons so there isn't much too comment on, however I can say that the white is rather annoying as it shows up every stain!

To sum it all up, I love this lip crayon and definitely can't wait to try out more! I'm pretty sure that this particular shade will be a favourite of mine for the foreseeable future, and if we are talking about the colour alone I actually think I might prefer it slightly more than my beloved Chanel Rouge Allure 'Palpitante'. But only slightly!

Check out the pictures below for a swatch and too see what it looks like on!
Also can I just take a second to point out my winged liner in the above photo... this was actually the first time I have ever managed to do winged liner that actually looks decent enough to wear out... Go me!!


11 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely red! It's great for £2. I really need to try out some Topshop make up, they look great!


    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do Jenn, I've yet to try a product I don't like! And such great prices

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  2. I really love Topshop makeup, and their lipsticks. I've never tried their Lip Bullets but I really want to after reading this! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should Gemma, I can't wait to try more! Thanks for reading :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  3. great colour! There's finally a topshop that's going to open where I live! so hopefully I can buy this :)

    Thanks for sending your link at the social bloggers chat!

    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can :) Thanks for reading Anna!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  4. The colour suits you!


    Talie Anne ~ http://justateenagedaydreamer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also i really love your blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Talie Anne :) I got it made by Serena @ http://www.prettywildthings.bigcartel.com, she was amazing!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  6. That colour looks gorgeous on you xxx

    ReplyDelete