Major Spending Ban



So as the title suggest... I am on a MAJOR spending ban. As in a no clothes, no makeup, say good-bye to my social life, spending ban. Basically, I have a lot to save for over the next few months, and lately my spending habits have been terrible. Despite the fact I have been working a lot, my bank balance doesn't seem to be getting any higher, and this is partly due to my many cocktail nights, and buying a lot of little things, that don't seem like much at the time, but soon add up,

When I go into town I don't really think much about buying a magazine (£3), a Starbucks (coffee: £3, muffin/cake £2), and maybe a new lipstick (£10). Doesn't seem like much, but it adds up to about £18. And if I do that every week, which I tend to do, that can be about £72 a month. And thats not adding in any new clothes I buy, train fares to and from Belfast, taxi fares, drink prices, food... you see where I'm going with this?

So starting from now I'm on a spending ban. Luckily my friends have all started onto placement, so I won't be going to Belfast every week (that was where most of my money went) and will therefore be having less nights out. I'll also not be doing anymore shopping unless it is essential. Think toothpaste and shampoo. Definitely no more makeup and clothes (my wish list from a few days ago will unfortunately have to stay a wish list). It also means I won't be getting the Canon 600d which I had planned on getting this Thursday. It's a shame because I have been looking it for a while, but I just have too many more important things I want (and need) to do!

I've just realised I haven't even told you what all I am saving for! Basically, I have a wedding to attend over in England at the start of May, a trip to London at the end of June for the IMATS, and a wedding down in Ireland at the start of July. Luckily I already have my flights and dress for the wedding in May, so I don't really need too much money for that. But I still have to pay for the hotel in London (of which there seems to be NOTHING cheap) and the IMATS tickets. Aswell as spending money. And then I need to pay for accommodation at the second wedding in July, aswell as a new dress.

But most of all, my friend Laura found out about an AMAZING adventure holiday to Thailand. It is for 4 weeks, involves 8 days teaching (I want to become a teacher) 3 and a half days working with elephants, walking tours of Bangkok and so much more! It would be such an amazing opportunity, so I have to do everything I can to try and go!

So there you have it. Apologies for such a long-winded post, and if any of you made it to the end (which I doubt you will), then thanks for reading!

Are any of you on spending bans? If so, why?
Also... any tips on making money, and saving money?



No comments :

Post a Comment