Nails for Spring: Barry M 'Blue Moon'

One of the things I love about Spring, is being able to break out the bright and pastel nail polishes. Don't get me wrong, I like dark nail polishes, but after a few months of mostly wearing greys, dark reds, and dark greens I am officially over it.

So over the next few weeks, as I rediscover my love for Spring and Summer nails, I decided I would share my favourites with you! I'm not sure how many I will be posting about, as I won't be buying any new nail polishes (check my last post if you want to know why) so I will only be using old nail polishes and I'm not sure how many of them are still available!

The nail polish I chose to welcome Spring, was Barry M 'Blue Moon'. I bought this last year a long with quite a few other nail polishes (expect to see posts on them soon) but I don't actually think I ever used it. And if I did I only used it once or twice! Which is a shame because after using it I have to say I LOVE it!

'Blue Moon' is a gorgeous pale blue colour that works even on my pale skin tone, which I find can be an issue with a lot of my paler nail polishes. The lasting power for this nail polish is on par with all Barry M nail polishes that I have tried- I have wore it for 3 days now without any chips, and that is without a top coat. Unfortunately I've found that the formula of this nail polish leaves a lot to be desired. It is extremely sheer and took 3 coats for me to achieve the coverage in the picture, and I think I could have still used another coat.

The application was good though the polish is a little runny! I can't really comment on drying time as I was impatient and used Elegant Touch Rapid Dry (want to know more about it? You can check out a review here). Overall, I think this is a great nail polish and I will definitely be getting plenty of use out of it this year!

What are your favourite polishes for Spring?


No comments :

Post a Comment