Oscars Fashion Roundup

This year, I managed to stay awake for the entire duration of the Oscars, which considering it didn't start until 01.30 and ran until 05.00 (UK time) was quite an accomplishment. I really enjoyed watching the awards, but the best part of the Oscars has to be the fashion! So today I will be bringing you a roundup of the best dressed, and the not so best dressed.

Best Dressed

Lupita Nyong'o in Prada
If there was one person I was looking forward to seeing on the red carpet, it was Lupita Nyong'o, and it is fair to say she didn't dissapoint. In fact, she was my best dressed of the night! This custom made gown is perfection, and I have to wonder how she will ever top this. During an interview on the red carpet Lupita mentioned that she chose the blue as it reminded her of her home town which I thought was a lovely touch.

Angeline Jolie in Elie Saab Couture
Lets be honest, Angeline Jolie would look great in a bin bag, but thankfully tonight she pulled out all of the stops and wore a gown that is as equally gorgeous as she is. Since the start of summer Angelina has pretty much exclusively wore Saint Laurent and has rarely chose a colour other than black, so I am glad she went for both a different designer and colour! And of course she had the best accessory of the night... Brad Pitt *swoons*.

Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Reem Acra
If there is one night a year I love to see a princess moment, it is the Oscar's. Last night my ultimate princess moment was courtesy of Jenna Dewan-Tatum. Some people might consider the mix of ruffles, embellishments and tulle to be too much, but for me this is what makes the dress so perfect. I love her earrings.

Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace
Kate Hudson almost always looks amazing on the red carpet and last night was no exception. As gorgeous as the gown itself is, the cape takes this look to a while different level! Perfect mix of modern and old school glamour.

Olivia Wilde in Valentino
Some people might consider black to be safe and boring, but in my opinion Olivia Wilde's black Valentino dress is anything but. The dress hugs her baby bump and I love the silhouette it gives her. Olivia really has been on top of her fashion game during her pregnancy and I hope it continues after she gives birth.

Worst Dressed

Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel
If I look at each detail of this dress individually then I like each of them, but once you put them all together there is just far too much going on. On the plus side I like the red waist detail and at least she looks happy!

Lea Drucker in Unknown
Lea Drucker's dress isn't terrible, but I just don't think it fits in at the Oscars. It is too casual and the design on the bottom of the dress looks like something you would find on a beach dress. Also the dress gives her no shape due to the shape.

Emma Watson in Vera Wang
It pains me to put Emma Watson on my Worst Dressed list as I have always been a huge fan of Emma Watson as both an actress and for fashion, but unfortunately this is just one dress I can not get on board with. Most of all I think it is due to the material, which almost adds a sporty look to the dress, as I think I would have liked the look if she had wore it to another event.
{Photos via Huffington Post}

As for the Oscars themselves, I loved them. I was so happy for Lupita Nyong'o, Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey! Lupita's speech made me tear up, but I think Matthew had the best speech of the night! I love that his hero is himself in 10 years, it is such a great way to think about it! My favourite moment of the night had to be the selfie that Ellen took. It crashed twitter and became the most retweeted picture in history within an hour! I also loved when she ordered pizza, it was just so random and I never saw it coming. Ellen definitely made a great host!




No comments :

Post a Comment