#LTADARESU: Healthy Living Challenge

Back in January I put up a post detailing my goals for the year, and one of these was to lead a healthier life. I wish I could turn around now and say that I have been succeeding in this, but unfortunately we are now almost 5 months in to the year, and I am more unhealthy than ever. So when Antoinette from Letters to Antoinette put up a post about healthy living, and a challenge she was starting, I knew I had to get involved!

The #LTADARESU challenge is all about getting healthy and setting yourself a goal to acheive by the beginning of August. This can be anything from losing weight, becoming a vegetarian/vegan or even putting weight on! Then you share your progress on twitter and instagram using the #ltadaresu hashtag. As well as sharing my progress on instagram and twitter, I thought I would talk keep you all updated here on the blog! So to start things off I have to share my goal with you all!

GOAL: To tone up

Despite being a rather slim girl, I am not what I would consider 'toned'. I guess you could say I'm a skinny fat. I'm in no way saying I am fat, but unfortunately due to my lack of exercise and love of fast food I am rather 'soft' and have no muscle definition especially in my stomach and arms. In order to achieve this goal I will have to make quite a few lifestyle changes:

1. Eat a healthier diet
I used to stick to a fairly healthy diet. While I would have the odd takeaway and snack, I mostly ate healthy dinners and very rarely ate junk food. I stopped eating crisps when I was 14, and I once managed to 9 months without any chocolate. Unfortunately in the past year or so my diet has totally changed. I've been eating far too many takeaways, especially at 2am after a night out. I've also found that in the past few months I have been eating a lot more chocolate than usual. Admittedly I still wouldn't eat as much chocolate and sweets as a lot of people, but for me it is a lot more than I am used to. So from today, I'm cutting out the takeaways and sticking to one sweet treat a week. Its going to be tough for the first few weeks, but I know myself that once I get into this routine I will be able to stick to it. I will also be planning out my meals where possible so that I can ensure I am a well varied diet.

2. Start running and walking more
I used to love running, but in recent years I have become a bit of a couch potato. So from now on I am going to go for atleast 3 runs a week, preferably 4. And on the other days of the week I will be going for a long walk. We have a border collie at home so I know I will always have a walking companion. I am pretty good in that, if I can walk somewhere rather than taking transport I will. In Belfast I would always try and walk into town or to the shops unless the weather was too bad, and even when I was on placement I would always try and walk from the train station or placement itself. Unfortunately now that I am back living at home full time, walking places isn't really possible as I live in a small town which is a good distance away from where I work and where I shop. Hence I will be going for long walks at nights instead.

3. Begin intense workouts
Obviously running and walking will not be enough to help myself tone up, so I will have to start to introduce proper workouts back into my routine. I plan to start back into my pilates workouts, and need to begin intense cardio workouts. I'm not a fan of the gym as I tend feel self-conscious when I am there so for the time being at least, I will be carrying out these routines at home.

These are just some of the changes I will be making in order to try and tone up and lead a healthier lifestyle. If anyone has any tips or advice for me then I would love if you could leave a comment! Below I am going to give you my current measurements, and I will keep you updated on these. I am not including my weight, as I am placing no focus on that during this challenge. And I also want to point out that while this challenge ends at the beginning of August, I plan on keeping it going for myself after! I am also going to include some current pictures of myself here, so you can see what I look like at the beginning of the challenge.

Waist 26.5 inches
Chest 29 inches
Hips 34 inches
Bust 32 inches





No comments :

Post a Comment