Review: Nkd Skn Dark Tinted Tan Liquid

As someone who hates being so pale I am always on the lookout for a new fake tan that won't make me look orange. Over the years I have found a few fake tans that I like but I am yet to find a holy-grail product. Also I am currently on a budget so I'm not exactly able to go spend £30 on a fake tan, so when I saw the new Nkd Skn range in Superdrug and noticed how cheap it was I decided to give it a try.

Nkd Skn is the newest collection from Vita Liberata, who have described it as "the ultimate tan for girls-on-the-go who love to look good without spending too much time on it!". There are 5 different products on offer, and I decided to buy the dark liquid tan.

Being a liquid tan, you have to spray this onto your skin and then rub it in using a mitt. I'm used to using mousse tans, so I was slightly annoyed by how this seemed to go everywhere! I will definitely be applying this in the bathroom for now on. The tan itself blends in really well and has a guide colour so you can see where you have already tanned. I also love how this tan dries pretty much instantly. No more standing around in your underwear while you dry! I was happy with the lack of a scent. It does say on the packaging that there is no scent, but I was sceptical, so it was great that this was actually true!

The next morning I woke up looking fairly tanned. Now I have to say I wasn't quite as tanned as I expected since it is a dark tan, and I was worried about how much would come off when I showered, as I find with most tans that a lot comes off at this point. So I was very excited when I showered and very little of my tan washed off! I still wasn't quite as tanned as I would like, so in the future I might do a second coat the next day. I was also very pleased that it had turned into a golden tan as it looks very natural and as if I had just come back from a short holiday.

It has now been 6 days since I applied this tan and it has started to fade but luckily it isn't fading patchy so it still looks natural!

Overall I am very happy with this tan. It might not be the greatest tan in the world, but for the price it is definitely worth it! In Superdrug the liquid tan was only £10 compared to the mousse which was £14.99, which is why I decided on the liquid tan. However I noticed that on the Nkd Skn site they are both £14.99. Next time I will be buying the mousse to see how it compares!

Here are some before and after pictures:


Nkd Skn Dark Tinted Tan Liquid: £10/75ml


No comments :

Post a Comment