Belsonic | Twin Atlantic, Biffy Clyro, Tom Odell & Kodaline

So as always I am a little late getting this post out, but a few weeks ago my friend Ash and I went to two days of Belsonic. Belsonic is a music festival held each year at Custom House Square Belfast and this years lineup was so good that we decided we had to attend two days!

The first night we attended was Sunday 17th where we saw Little Matador, Twin Atlantic and Biffy Clyro. Little Matador and Twin Atlantic were both really good, and I will definitely be listening to their music from now on! Unfortunately the weather didn't really like us that night and our rain coats came in very useful, though due to the wind I found it impossible to keep my hood up. So by the end of the night we resembled two drowned rats.

Biffy Clyro was the main act of the night and they were brilliant, and despite the fact I actually only know like three of their songs, I loved the entire set! There where a lot of Biffy fans there so there was a great atmosphere.


The next morning we headed to Maggie Mays which is a very popular cafe in Belfast, especially amongst students. We both decided to get a full fry which was very tasty, and afterwards Ash had fudge cake while I decided to be a little naughty and get a 'Hair of the Dog' milkshake which contained Bailey's, flake, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

After getting ready at Ash's house, we headed to McCrackens Bar for a quick bite to eat and a few drinks. I decided to get Truffle Parmesan chips, and Ash had garlic potatoes. After treating ourselves to a few cocktails (I had a Strawberry Daiquiri and Singapore Sling) we headed on to watch Black Rivers, Tom Odell and Kodaline.


Black Rivers where a band we had never heard of before, and their music wasn't really to our taste, however Tom Odell and Kodaline where AMAZING. In particular I loved Tom Odell, and judging by the reaction from the audience, so did most of the people there. I was cheering from the minute he walked out on the stage and really wished he could have played a longer set.


I had a great two days at Belsonic, and I am already looking forward to next year. Below is pictures of my outfits from both nights. I loved my outfits (in particular my 2nd outfit), but unfortunately they ended up being covered up by a rain coat for most of the night.



Check back tomorrow for a post about my final festival of that week... Tennents Vital!


No comments :

Post a Comment