Review: Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray



As somebody with a very oily t-zone, I am constantly on the look out for products that will help keep my make-up in place throughout the day, and prevent me from resembling an oil rig. After trying out many different primers and powders I decided to give make-up setting sprays a go, and the Urban Decay setting sprays came straight to mind.

A quick bit of background on the Urban Decay setting sprays... these sprays are actually made by a company Skindinavia, who were (I think) among the first to bring out such a spray. There are three sprays available: All Nighter, De-Slick and Chill. As I am trying to help with my oiliness, I of course went for the De-Slick variant.

The spray comes in a white bottle with a grey lid. The first think I wondered, is why there are two lids? It's a small annoyance, but I just don't see the point of having a lid within a lid. I know I can easily get rid of one, but I hate losing lids on products so I just can't bring myself to do it. Other than that the packaging is simple but nice. The white will probably result in it getting dirty easily, but I wipe my makeup down regularly so that shouldn't be too much of an issue for me.

The directions on the product say to stray in a 'T' and a 'X' motion across your face. I don't know about anyone else, but I just can not get product to spray slowly enough for me to do this. I tried the first few times and then gave up, so now I just spray it in short bursts all over my face. This probably results in me using twice as much product than they would recommend, but at least I feel like my entire face is being covered. I like to use this spray after I have completed my entire makeup, but after reading some reviews I have seen that some people prefer to use it after each step. Like after foundation, then powder, then blush and bronzer. I tried that once but I didn't think it worked any better.

Now for the main part... how well does it work? Well in terms of keeping my makeup in place, it works brilliantly. I always like to test new products at work, as I feel a 9 hour work day is the ultimate test, especially in the summer months. Normally come lunch time, my makeup will have started to disappear and my foundation will have started to slip and look terrible, but since using this my make-up doesn't budge, even by the end of the day! That being said, I don't think it works as well with oil-control. Maybe this product would be better for someone whose skin isn't as oily as mine, but for me, I still have to blot multiple times throughout the day. As annoying as this is though, I don't mind as long as my makeup is staying in place, so this product is definitely getting a big thumbs up from me!


No comments :

Post a Comment