Tag: Behind the Scenes

Wow it feels weird to be writing here again. It has been over a month now since I last posted, and while I was never intending to take a break, I'm glad I did as it has made me realise how much I really do love blogging. But enough of that, lets get into the post!

Last week Rikki from Luscious Lane tweeted me to let me know about a brand new tag she came up with. I thought it seemed like such a fun tag so decided it would be the perfect post to get me back into blogging. So here goes.

1. Why and when did you start blogging?
I started blogging last September (goodness, I can't believe it has actually been over a year), and the main reason was because I wanted somewhere I could discuss my interests with like-minded people. For the past five or so years I have been very into beauty but never really had to many people to discuss it with so I thought this blog would be the perfect outlet. I had also just graduated university and needed a hobby that was going to prevent me from getting to bored at home.

2. What gives you inspiration for blog posts?
Honestly I don't think I could really list what inspires my blog posts. I pretty much just blog about whatever I'm liking at the moment, or what I'm doing. I don't really take too much inspiration from other bloggers, I prefer to just do my own thing. So I suppose you could say my whole life inspires me, which I realise sounds cheesy.

3. What advice would you give to people starting out?
Don't compare yourself to others. When I first started out I was constantly looking at other blogs and pitting them against my own. If they had more followers, got more comments, or just seemed to be growing much bigger than mine at a quicker pace, then I would feel so down about my own. It took me a while, but I finally stopped comparing and I grew to love blogging so much more. Also don't worry too much about blogging about the newest and most popular products. It will be harder to get noticed if you are reviewing the exact same products as everyone else.

4. What is the best thing about being a blogger?
Without a doubt the community! When I first started blogging I didn't get involved in the community and I really wish I had because it is such a supportive community. Don't get me wrong, there is drama, but overall it is such a positive place. You can meet so many great like-minded people through blogging.

5. What do your friends and family think about you being a blogger?
They all think it's great! They don't all fully understand it, but they are all extremely supportive. I know I've spoke to some people who said their friends or family didn't support their blogging, which makes me all the more grateful that mine do! For anyone who is scared to tell them I would recommend to just go for it. It took me a few months before I told my family and friends but they have became my biggest readers!

6. Is blogging how you pictured it to be?
Definitely not. Before I started blogging I never realised just how much time and effort goes into maintaining a blog, and as you can probably tell I still haven't got the ability to maintain it down to a tee. But I think all of the work that goes into blogging makes me love it even more. I have a huge smile on my face every time I get a new follower or comment, and it makes all the work and time worth it.

7. Are there any bloggers that you feel deserve more readers/ have you made any friends through blogging?
Of course there is. In every single area of life there are people who don't get as much recognition as they deserve, and blogging is no different. I could sit here and mention which bloggers deserve more, but I would be here all day. As for friends, I was very fortunate to meet two bloggers back in September when I attended an event in Belfast. I met Aisling from Rosy Smiles and Debra from Overdressed and Underprepared and we had such a great night. We had so much in common and there was no awkwardness at all. If you have a chance to meet fellow bloggers then go for it!

8. What inspired your blog name?
When I first started my blog, I intended it to be much more of a lifestyle blog than what it has turned into. As a result I wanted to make the name of my blog to be about myself, and I'm alway being told that I live in a dream world so in the end I came up with 'Lauren the Daydreamer'.

So thats the tag! I hope this helped you to know a bit more about what goes on behind the scenes of my blog, and if you are thinking of starting a blog or you are just starting out then I hope this helps. If anyone has any questions about blogging then feel free to ask. You can leave a comment or send me an email. I'm not an expert when it comes to blogging, but I will help the best I can!


No comments :

Post a Comment