Review | Topshop Lipstick 'Beguilled'

If anybody has been reading my blog for a while, you might know that my favourite makeup product is lipsticks, and over the past few months that like has turned into an obsession and my lipstick collection has grown considerably. One of the most recent additions to my collection is 'Beguiled' from Topshop, which is a beautiful red wine/burgundy shade. This is only the second lip product I have bought from Topshop (the first was a lip bullet) so I was very interested in discovering what it would be like.

The tube is the same white and black striped packaging as all of the Topshop makeup, which, while I do like, I find is quite impractical as it gets dirty and stained so easily! As I have already mentioned, 'Beguiled' is a red wine/burgundy shade which makes it perfect for winter. In the tube there is also a slight sparkle, but this doesn't apply to the lips, which for me is a plus as I don't like sparkle in my lipsticks.

The finish for this lipstick is satin matte, which is my favourite finish. It does however mean that it is quite drying on your lips so you definitely need to wear lipbalm before applying. Also it can settle into any cracks on your lips very easily, so I would suggest prepping your lips with a lip scrub as well as lip balm.

One thing I always look for in a lipstick (especially darker shades such as this one) is good lasting power, and this one doesn't disappoint. I wear this lipstick to work a lot and I find that I generally only have to reapply once during a 9 hour shift. Sometimes I don't have time to reapply and while the lipstick does start to fade, it tends to fade evenly so I don't end up looking ridiculous.

I really do love this shade and the lipstick so I can see me wearing it a lot through the rest of the winter, and even into the spring. At only £8 each I am definitely going to be trying more lipsticks from Topshop, so if anyone has any favourites let me know!

Topshop Lipstick 'Beguiled': £8


No comments :

Post a Comment