January Favourites


January saw me discovering some great new products, as well as re-discovering some old, so I thought it would be a great idea to start back into Monthy Favourite posts to share these products with you all.

In the latter part of 2014 I was obsessed with trying to find the perfect high street foundation that could replace my beloved Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. I tried so many different foundation with varying levels of success, but I think I have finally found the perfect replacement in the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I used this everytime I wore makeup throughout January, and as it is medium coverage it is perfect for both day and night time use. I like to apply a pump of this using my Real Techniques Expert Face brush which has to be my favourite foundation brush. It helps to buff the foundation into my skin without looking cakey and ensures I am left with no harsh lines.


Before Christmas I bought a few L'Oreal products and got a free gift box which included this Volume Million Lashes So Couture. I didn't rush to try it as, from what I had remembered of the Volume Million Lashes mascara, I wasn't impressed, but either I am remembered wrong or this mascara is just so much better than the original, because I love it. It gives me volumised lashes and really help to open my eyes. Another makeup favourite that I have been loving in January is the NYX Lip Pencil 'Plush Red'. As anyone who reads my blog will probably know, I love red lipsticks, and it has been my go-to colour this month, so this lip pencil has been getting a lot of use as it goes with quite a few of my red lipsticks.


Recently my skin has been getting quite bad so I have been trying to implement a new skin care routine that would help clear it. I decided to re-introduce the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic into my routine and I am so glad I did as I really do think it makes a difference to my skin. I only had a 50ml bottle which I have just ran out of, but you can be sure I will be repurchasing the full size bottle. Over the past few months I have also been trying to start a better hair care routine, and of all the products I have been using, I have found that this Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Oil has been the most beneficial. My hair can be quite frizzy so this oil is so handy for helping to keep a sleek hairstyle. My final beauty favourite is the Crabtree and Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy. Between the cold weather and opening too many cardboard boxes in work, my hands haven't been in the best condition recently, so I have had to start using hand creams a lot more often.

Finally for two non-beauty favourites. January brought the introduction of Easter eggs and sweets into the shops, and while I think it's a little early, I can't deny I am glad to have Creme Eggs back in the shops. I think I've had a creme egg almost every since they came into the shops which shows how addicted I am. My other non-beauty favourite is Netflix, and more specifically Pretty Little Liars. PLL is one of those shows I watched obsessively when it first came out and then just stopped watching, so I am enjoying have the chance to catch up and re-watch. I am only on season 2 so far so I am still re-watching what I had already watched, but I think I'm loving it even more this time around.

So what products were you loving in January?


No comments :

Post a Comment