Review | OCC Lip Tar 'Grandma'

Back in June when I attended the IMATS I bought two OCC Lip Tars in 'Grandma' and 'Stalker', since I had heard so many wonderful things about them. The lip tars are basically a liquid lipstick; they have the look and longevity of a lipstick, with the application of a gloss. Recently I have been wearing 'Grandma' a lot so I thought I should finally review it for you all.

Grandma is described as a 'clean, classic coral' and is perfect for day to day use. The best thing about these lip tars is they can be easily built up so you can choose either a subtle or dramatic look. I like to wear 'Grandma' quite sheerly for a natural look. The first thing you will notice when using these products is that a little goes a long way. Seriously- the pigmentation is amazing so the tiniest amount does your entire lips. I can't see me ever managing to use this entire tube up!

These lip tars are extremely easy to apply: simple prep your lips and then apply with a lip brush. They do tend to bleed slightly so a lipliner might be useful but I've found as long as I don't rush the application then I can skip the liner. 'Grandma' dries to an almost matte finish, and it can be quite drying, so make sure to apply lip balm before, and also reapply throughout the day.

The OCC lip tars have amazing lasting power, and I find that I can wear this shade for about 5 or 6 hours before I have to reapply. They also wear off evenly so I'm not having to worry about how it looks.

Overall I love this lip tar, and will definitely be wearing it a lot more coming in to Spring as it is the perfect natural shade for my complexion. I always get so many compliments when I wear this shade which makes it a winner in my book.

You can buy the OCC Lip Tars for £12 from Love Makeup.


No comments :

Post a Comment