Review | Tropic: ABC Skincare Collection


Skincare has always been one of the most important parts of my beauty routine. As a result I am always on the lookout for new brands and products, so when my cousin became an ambassador for the brand Tropic Skincare, I knew I had to go along to her skincare party to see what this brand was all about.

Tropic Skincare is a brand created by 2010 Apprentice runner-up Susan Ma, which started out as one single product (the Body Smooth Polish) being sold from a market stall in jam jars, and has grew into a huge company selling a variety of products from skincare to makeup. The biggest selling point for this company is that it is cruelty free and vegan friendly. Also all products are made fresh when you order them and, due to the natural ingredients used, they all have a best-before date, so there's no risk of you using expired products.

At the party, I decided I would introduce myself to the brand by purchasing the ABC Skincare Collection. This collection comes with the 'Smoothing Cleanser Complexion Purifier', 'Vitamin Toner Pore Refining Mist', 'Skin Revive Nourishing Cream Concentrate', a bamboo cloth and a free 'Eye Refresh Cooling Gel Roll-On'. Now I have to say straight off that I didn't receive my bamboo cloth (in fact I didn't realise it was included until I looked on the website for this review) so I won't be able to talk about that aspect of the collection, but apparently it is an amazing cloth. It took a week for my products to arrive and when they did I was extremely excited to start using them!

First up is the cleanser which contains 'eucalyptus, golden jojoba and avocado oils'. I use this to cleanse and to remove my makeup at the end of the day. The texture is very creamy and feels extremely luxurious on your skin! It removes all traces of my makeup, even stubborn eye makeup, and doesn't leave a trace on my skin. I find I need a pump and a half to two pumps when removing makeup, and one pump when simply cleansing my face. The bottle is 120ml and when buying separately is £16 which, while it isn't the cheapest, is a good price for such a great product.

The second step is the toner which comes in the form of a spray and contains 'organic rose water, aloe vera and cucumber juices'. After cleansing I spray a spritz or two of this onto my face and leave it to soak in. If you don't want to wait for it soak in you can use a cotton pad. I love how this feels on my skin, especially in the morning when I think it helps to wake me up. At £14 for 120ml, this is another bargain.

Next, I use the moisturizer, which is slightly more expensive than the other products at £22 for 50ml. In the morning I use half a pump, focusing on my cheeks and chin, and then at night I use a full pump and apply to my entire face. This is a lovely thick moisturizer that takes about 10 minutes to sink in and leaves my skin feeling so smooth and soft.

Finally, in the mornings I use the eye gel which contains cucumber, arnica and ginseng extracts. Featuring a stainless steel rollerball this feels very refreshing on my eyes and helps to de-puff my still asleep morning eyes.

This skincare collection has definitely made a huge difference to my skin and has helped to make me feel so much more confident when going makeup-free. I'm not usually one for sticking to the same brand when it comes to my routine, I normally like to mix and match, but I can't wait to try even more products from Tropic. One thing to note about this brand is that it can't be bought in stores. This is due to all the products being made fresh.

The ABC Skincare Collection is £52 and can be purchased here.


No comments :

Post a Comment