Blog Goals 2016

If you follow my blog you might have realised that over the past year I have really struggled with my blogging. My biggest issue has been finding a balance between blogging, working and my social life. Working 5 days a week means I only really have 2 days a week to myself, and as you can imagine I want to do more than just work on my blog. However at the same time, I've really come to miss my blog, so this year I am determined to get the balance right and improve on my blog. So in order to do this, I have decided to set some goals for 2016 and by sharing them with you all, I hope it will give me the extra motivation to reach them.

1. Improve on my blog photos One of my biggest issues with my blog is my photos. With some posts, I love them, and with others, I hate them. I recently bought my first DSLR, a Canon 700d, and over the next few months I hope to learn a lot more about my camera so that I can finally produce photos I am pleased with. This also means I need to start buying new props and backgrounds, so if anyone has any suggestions...


2. Create a schedule, and stick to it I've tried starting schedules before but I've never managed to stick to them. To begin with I'm only aiming to post once a week. I know it's not a lot, but I've been out of blogging for so long that I feel I want to lead myself back into it slowly. Also this will hopefully allow me to build up a collection of scheduled posts so I will find it easier to eventually stick to a 3 days a week schedule.

3. Stop worrying about numbers Some blogs gain a following quickly, and others slowly. Unfortunately mine is the latter and I've let this get me down in the past. I've realised that I need to stop thinking about the success of my blog in terms of the numbers, and instead in terms of how much I am enjoying it.

4. Start interacting on social media more I go through phases of interacting on social media a lot, and then not interacting at all. My aim is to take part in at least one twitter chat a week. My favourite is the Sunday bbloggers chat, so I am going to attempt to take part in that most weeks, but I also hope to take part in different chats. Hopefully this will help me to make more blogging friends.

So there you have it; my blog goals for 2016. I probably could have created a lot more, but I decided that if I only made a few, I would have more chance of meeting them. They are also what I would consider realistic goals. I could have set myself goals such as 'reach 1000 bloglovin followers' but I decided that if I started setting goals like that, then I would be setting myself up for disappointment, and the whole point of these goals is to help me get back into blogging. If any of you have set yourself goals, then make sure to leave me your link, as I would love to read about them!

No comments :

Post a Comment