Using Twitter to Promote Your Blog



In terms of blogging, social media is one of the most important aspects. You can have the best content and photos, but unless you actually tell people about it, chances are nobody is going to see it. This is where social media comes in. There's many forms of social media you can use; Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, but today I am going to be talking about my favourite: Twitter. So read on to discover my top tips for using Twitter to promote your blog.

1. Take part in twitter chats I love twitter chats. I try to take part in as many as my schedule will allow me. There are so many chats that everyone is almost guaranteed to find at least one that they love. For me, my favourites are #bbloggers, #bdib and #thegirlgang. The chats can be on a wide variety of topics, from favourite beauty products, to photography, so you have the opportunity to learn some new things while also having a lot of fun.

2. Talk to other bloggers There's a reason that twitter is my favourite social media platform, and that is the social aspect of it. With other platforms I've found that they are only used for promotion, but with twitter you can actually talk to others and make new friends. Even outside of the twitter chats, I get talking to a lot of different people and if I'm ever feeling down theres always so much support from the other bloggers. Anytime I get talking to somebody on twitter I follow their twitter account and then check out their blogs, youtube channels and other forms of social media.

3. Use an app such as Buffer to schedule tweets Very few of us can be on twitter all day everyday. I work most days 9-6 and this used to mean I struggled to promote my blog as I just didn't have the opportunity to get on to tweet my links. Then I discovered scheduling tweets! There are a few different ways you can do this, and the most popular seem to be Hootesuite and, my personal favourite, Buffer. Both allow you to schedule your tweets for specific times, and Buffer even provides you with analytics which I have found to be very useful.

4. Promote older posts Tweeting links to older posts can be a great way to drive traffic to posts that might otherwise be forgot about. While some people might take the time to search through your older posts a lot of people just read your more recent, which is a shame because you might have some posts you are really proud of that you want people to read, even a year after you first put it up. So don't be afraid to tweet links to your older posts!

5. Link to companies Most companies have twitter, so if you have posted a review or post about a brand, include them in the tweet! That way, if somebody searches the brand on twitter they might come across your tweet. Also there is always a chance that the company might retweet or reply to your tweet which can lead to a lot of traffic to that post!

Do you use twitter to promote your blog? What advice do you have? Also leave your twitter username in the comments so I can follow you all!

No comments :

Post a Comment