A Few Mistakes I've Made as a Blogger

Mistakes I've made as a blogger

I have a secret to tell you all. Us bloggers... we aren't perfect. Far from it in fact. We all make mistakes and mess up from time to time, even the big bloggers. So today I thought I would share some of the blogging mistakes I have made over the years. I'm only going to share a few, if I was to list them all, I would be here all day!

1. Thinking blogging was easy I'm not going to lie, when I first started blogging I thought it was going to be easy. And in a way, when I first started, I was right. But thats because I was simply throwing a few pictures up unedited, writing a quick post and hitting publish. Once I started taking part in social media, trying to put more effort into my posts and editing pictures I realised just how much time blogging takes.

2. Not replying to emails This was another mistake I made when I first started. At times I simply forgot to reply to emails, not thinking about just how rude this actually was. Now I try and set times aside at least twice a week to reply to any emails.

3. Comparing myself to others I've mentioned this a few times on my blog, but for my first year of so of blogging I spent far too much time comparing my blog and myself to others. Some of the things I would compare was my growth and my images, and this led to me stepping away from my blog for quite some time.

4. Not spending enough time on social media This is my most recurrent problem. When life gets busy I tend to step away from twitter and other forms of social media. When it comes to blog promotion, twitter is one of the most useful tools, so I always notice a difference in my analytics when I haven't been active on twitter.

5. Having an unrealistic schedule I'll be honest, I will never manage to make it as a daily blogger. In the past I've tried blogging three, four, or five times a week and in the end I put so much pressure on myself that it backfired and I didn't want to blog at all. Now I blog when I have the time and when I feel inspired. I might not be the most active of bloggers, but at least I can finally say I am happy with everything I blog.

So there you have it, five of my main blogging mistakes! If you are new to blogging, or even if you've been at it for a while, then you can hopefully learn from my mistakes! And just remember, we all make mistakes, so try not to worry.

No comments :

Post a Comment