My Sisters Wedding Makeup



On Monday my little sister got married, and I had the stressful job of doing her makeup. After spending ages trying to figure out what look to go for and what products to use, we finally decided on a natural look with a classic red lip. So today I thought I would share what makeup I used on her, in case any of you will be doing any wedding makeup in the future.

The first area I worked on, was her base. I started off prepping her skin with some Tropic Skin Revive and Nivea Post Shave Balm (neither of which are pictured) to ensure her makeup lasted all day. Next I followed up with the Estee Lauder Double Wear in the shade 'Ivory Beige'. I applied this using a buffing brush and a miracle complexion sponge. Sarah-Anne has pretty good skin so I didn't have to worry about using concealer. I then used the Sleek Cream Contour Kit to give her a slight contour. I used the lightest shade under her eyes, and then the fourth shade to contour her cheek bones.

After completing her foundation, I moved onto her eyes, and after priming her eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I used the UD Naked Palette to complete a neutral, natural look. I started by applying 'Sin' to the lid, then followed up with 'Naked' in the crease, and then 'Smog' and 'Darkhorse' into the outer V, and under the lash line. Finally I used 'Virgin' on the inner corner, and on the inner third of the lower lash line. I then applied a thin line of liquid liner (L'Oreal Super Liner), and then applied a layer of mascara and followed up with Eyelure Natural Lashes (031) which helped to give her a lovely wide eyed look without making her lashes look to overpowering. I then used the Anastacia Dipbrow Pomade on her brows.

When I finished with her eyes, I switched back to finish her base makeup. I used the Nars Laguna Bronzer to warm up her skin and further contour her cheek bones and temples, and then No7 blush in 'Coral Flush' lightly on her cheeks (I don't think it is actually available anymore). Then I followed up with using 'Equinox' from the Sleek Solstice Palette to highlight her face. Finally I used a bit of Ben Nye Banana Powder to set her highlight and contour, and also to set her t-zone.

The final step was the main part of the look... the lips. Sarah-Anne wanted a red lip but the reds she normally goes for are very dark, almost purple, so we decided on a lighter red for the main part of the day (she swapped to her beloved purple red later on in the night). I started by using No7 Lip Liner in 'Red' and then followed up with one of my favourite lipsticks... Burberry Lip Velvet 'Poppy Red'.



So there you have it, the completed look! As you can see we really did go for a very simple look, but we didn't want anything too dramatic or overpowering as Sarah-Anne never goes for dramatic makeup and we still wanted her to look like her.

No comments :

Post a Comment