Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life



After months and months of waiting we are finally here. The final week before the brand new episodes of one of my all-time favourite tv shows are released! That's right... Gilmore Girls! I only started watching Gilmore Girls a few years back when I was in university, and ever since I have been hooked! The characters, the dialogue, the surroundings... they are all so addictive and mesmerizing, that I have re-watched the show many times. I mean they just don't make shows like this anymore. A charming, well-written show that doesn't rely on huge dramatic storylines to keep the viewers. So in preparation for the new episodes, I am going to discuss the things I am looking forward to most from the new episodes!

1. Luke and Lorelai Ah Luke and Lorelai. They were always one of my favourite couples in the show, and when they didn't get married I was devastated. So I was extremely happy that the trailer revealed that Lorelai and Luke were still together in the new episodes. And while the trailer does reveal that there may be trouble ahead for the two of them, I have faith in Amy Sherman-Palladino to give them the ending that many fans (including me) have been waiting for!

2. Where Rory is in her life And by this, I don't just mean in her romantic life (though I need to say... Team Logan all the way). Rory has always been the go-getter, and she was always portrayed as a hard worker who was determined to succeed in life. From the conversation she has with Jess in the trailer, we can see that things might not be working out the way she had planned, so I am excited to see what she is doing with herself, and why she's back to Stars Hollow.

3. Emily's life after Richard Aah cue the tears. It's not right to say I am looking forward to this as such, but since the death of Edward Herrmann and therefore the Gilmore patriarch (and my particular favourite) Richard, I am eager to see how they use this as a chance to grow Emily's character. I have always loved Emily and Richard, and in fact, I have just dried my eyes after tearing up over Richards heart attack in season 7, so these episodes are definitely going to be hard to watch. But Kelly Bishop is such an amazing actress, and Emily Gilmore is such a strong and determined character, that I'm sure she's going to do alright, even without Richard.

4. Stars Hollow Ah Stars Hollow. Home of some of the most eccentric and charming characters on tv. What has the past 10 years brought to their lives? I can't wait to see what Kirk (why was he at Friday night dinner?), Miss Patty, Babette and all the rest are up to! After all, Gilmore Girls wouldn't be the same without them. And I am so excited to see what events are taking place in 2016. Will we have another knitathon? A 24hr dance? I just can't wait.

So there you have it, some of the things I am looking forward to the most about the new episodes! If any of you are big GG fans like myself and are free on Thursday night, then Erin from Poppies in October is holding a 2 hour Gilmore Girls chat from 8pm-10pm gmt, so make sure to join in!

What are you looking forward to most about the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

No comments :

Post a Comment